Hey there Everybody,
It's been a while since I have written anything on this blog...things have been really busy. But I have lots of news, so stick with me for a little bit.
First off, if you look to the sidebar, you'll notice that I have completed the first draft to the prologue of the book. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out so far, though I know I'll need to edit it quite a bit before I am completely satisfied. The prologue (Overture) and Chapter One are available for sample right now. I've enlisted a few people to read through them and give me some feedback, and suggestions for improvement. Though I'm far from being completely finished, I like the idea of getting all the suggestions right now so I can sort through it all and decide which ones I want to take to heart in the following chapters.
I'm hoping to get this section re-drafted and an outline finished by the end of the summer. I think that it is a reasonable time frame for me to judge where I am at, how things are progressing, and whether or not I am feeling courageous enough to send out a proposal or two. It's going to be a pretty involved summer, as far as the writing goes. I believe I will need to average about 4000 words a week this summer in order to feel good about what I've been accomplishing. 4000 may not sound like very much, but considering my only time to write is after 10 pm, it can be.
If anybody is interested in the sample first 10,000 words, let me know and you can read over it. I would appreciate feedback if you do decide you want to take a peak.
Also, I am probably going to wind off of my other blog, little by little, and eventually replace it with this one. What does that mean? It means that not only will I be posting here a lot more often, but I will be bringing up more topics and have more updates for you every week.
I ordered some business cards for the purpose of exposing my writing and the Matter Unorganized stories, and have put the blog address on them. So, who knows? Maybe someday, somebody important in the book world will take a glance at this blog! I wouldn't want it only to have 3 posts and no updates at that point...could look unworthy! So there are definitely goals, and I hope to accomplish them with flying colors.
Thanks for the support. Log on once a week for updates!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
New and Improved
Posted by Son of Elysium at 00:42
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You go babe! All of your hard work is going to pay off in the end. Don't be so hard on yourself either.
This background is much better. It's like you're forcing me to come here since your other background is sooo bad.
LOL!!!
Seriously, you rock and inspire me! (You don't rock me and inspire me, you rock, and you also inspire me)
I will totally read it! Give me a week.
Post a Comment