Had an awesome experience yesterday. I've recently heard of a new author by the name of John Brown and have been excited to read his first novel, Servant of a Dark God. I love reading people's first books because it's so exciting to see how people start their careers. So I sent John an email telling him I was excited and looking forward to it all and that I would be writing up a review for the novel on my Dust of Nations page, and other major sites. To my happiness, John wrote me back and we started having a little chat over the Internet about his projects and my projects and all in all, it was a real motivating and fun experience for me. He seems like a real nice guy and I appreciate him taking a bit of time to chat with me, who am nobody in the real world of literature. He's got quite a bit of work on his hands with his upcoming stories it would seem. Best of luck, John.
I've also realized that I don't write on this blog anywhere near enough...I should be flooding this page with all kinds of craziness at all times, with all the random stuff that goes on in my head. It's a new goal and I think it will bring me joy! Hopefully all of you guys too.
And I finished two more chapters in Act II this last week. One about our beloved Prophet Gregor, and the next one on Orrin.
Have I mentioned my naming issue? I really still have no clue what names I really want for these characters. The problem here is that names are such a powerful and crucial element of a story. It's almost like choosing the name for a child. I am starting to grow attached to these characters, and it's important for me to call them by the name that is meant for them. So all that is to say that the names I have been using so far are placeholders. The day I find the true names for these characters, I will change them.
I'll keep you posted on extra news I have from John Brown and his novel.
Here's a link to his web page:
http://www.JohnDBrown.com/
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Cool Stuff
Posted by Son of Elysium at 11:06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Cool about John Brown! I know what you mean about your blog. I just updated mine after about two months of thinking about it, and yet there are so many things I want to say.
Names are tough.
Post a Comment