BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, December 31, 2009

What the...2010?!

So it's the New Year in less than 24 hours and by the time any of you read this post it'll will have become 2010. Holy Shnikey...I can't believe how quickly 2009 has come and gone! And I know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's incredible to think of how fast time actually moves, and I believe that all of it has to do with perception.
To think that a year can go so fast but that certain weeks can go so slow just proves that point. And when we think of our lives in the grand scheme of all things, isn't incredible to think of how much we are able to accomplish in the time frame of a single lifetime? Just take this year as an example...think of all the things you have accomplished. Now what about the last decade?
Was 2000 such a long time ago? No. I watch movies, listen to music and read books from the 70's that I think are absolutely incredible and up to date and they are 40 years old.
Think of what you have accomplished in the last 10 years of your life. Go on! I know that I have gone through high school, learned to play an instrument that I love, played at some concerts, read who knows how many hundreds of books, served a mission for my church, gained and strengthened a testimony in my Faith, met-fell in love-dated-waited-married-learned to adore my wife, gone on trips around the world, made countless friends, become an uncle, gone to college, worked several jobs, taken to writing novels, moved from country to country and...the list goes on and on and on, all the while making hundreds of mistakes along the way.
Life is incredible and people are even more so. I know that New Years is commonly known as the time for resolutions, but before you try and decide what needs improvements, why not take a look at what you've already done? Take a minute away from thinking of your new diet plan, or goals for dueling with the economy, and see what it is that has happened in the last year, decade, or dozens of years to bring you were you are now.
I love my life, and though I believe that I have more than is healthy to do in order to improve myself, I look back at and say to myself, "You know what, Peter, not too shabby."
Hope you have all had a Great Holiday season, and if you don't hear from you today than I suppose I just might next year.
Bonne Annee!

PS...be ready for a best of 2009 listing in the next post!
PPS..be ready to hear some actual, exciting news about Matter Unorganized - coming soon.

0 comments: